Tuesday 12 April 2011

Westall to Byron

Letter from Richard Westall to Lord Byron Jan 11 1814 from Upper Charlotte Street:

My Lord,
Mr Dallas called upon me today with your Lordships commands respecting the portrait which I had the honor (sic) of painting for you: to your lordships wishes upon this subjct, I can of course, urge no objection, save only such as arises from my repugnance to seeing the work with which I have taken considerable pains engraved in any other than the best manner. I intended yesterday to have written to your Lordship entreating your permission to have the picture engraved of a large size and under my own direction; and I still hope, that this is a request with which your Lordship will condescend to comply. I have the honor to be with the highest respect,
My Lord
Your Lordships much obliged & most obedient sert

R Westall

To the Rt Honble Lord Byron

Letter at John Murray's.

No comments:

Post a Comment