Wednesday 6 January 2010

WILL of William Heyward

1. Listed as Somerset House PCC Coke 18 Will of William Heyward – taken from a copy made in 1960’s? By Mr A. Rowe
Summary of Will of William Heyward based on the above: See Westall genealogy on blog.
11th Jan 1667. William Heyward of Norwich Alderman.
To Samewell Westall third son unto my son in law
Danyell Westall houses lands tenements, heridaments in Cheaddall or Cheaddall Grange in Staffordshire to him and his heirs for ever.
To Samewell Westall all my plate, my cape and all those things that have any plate of them .
To Samuell Westall my steel glasses and all my pictures and landcripes (pictures and landscapes) and thee Ring that I wear on my finger and the little iron Trunk and the Cabinet that is in my closet and all that is in it.
To my son Westall’s other four children £150 apiece to be put out for them till they come of age of 21 years and if I die before they come of age portion to survivors.
To Samuel Westall my grandchild all my gowns and all that belong to them and his father to have use of them and so long as he needs them.
Unto Samuel Westall my little cabinet and the other clothing my daughter Westall did borrow of me when she lay in.
Unto Samewell Annison the eldest son of my son in law Francis Annison £150 and to his two daughters £100 apiece.
My kinsman Francis Hayward £90
Unto St Lawrence £2. 10 . 0 for the poor
To St Margaret £1. 10. 0 for the poor
Unto St Swithin £1 for the poor
Unto Mr Chapman £2 for my funeral sermon
Unto my daughters all my linen
Unto my son Westall and my son Annison all my goods whatsoever except what I have given to my grandson Samuel Westall as above
Unto my Westall and my son Annison all my lands and lesses whatsoever and copyhold
Tenements heriditaments whatsoever except those given to my grand child Samuel Westall in Staffordshire as above.
My son in laws shall pay all my legacies and debts
Unto my sons th Cabinet with all that was in it and a diamond ring that my wife have of mine and a gold ring my wife have of mine.
Constitute my son Westall and my son Annison Sole Executors – Wm Heyward signed Witnesses Richard Perkins, William Curtis, Danyell Territer (?)
Proved 9th Feb 1668 by Francis Annison and Danyel Westall executors named in the will.
Pencilled underneath – Daniel Westall died circa Nov 1669 (presumably this is Rowe’s addition)
Note William Heyward was Mayor of Norwich. Names of people are spelt as in the document – the spelling can vary. Otherwise spelling has been corrected.
Rowe has on another page : Somerset House P.C.C. Administrations 1669 Nov: Daniel Westall. Secundo die… translation (from Latin) “Daniel Westall on the 2nd Day of November 1669. A Commission issued to Elizabeth Westall, widow, relict of Daniel Westall formerly of the city of Norwich deceased having and claiming wealth. The Commissary swears well and efficiently to administer the goods rights and credits of the said deceased.

Somerset House PCC Wotton 572 Will of Edward Heyward (Uncle of Elizabeth Westall nee Heyward) Abstract
13th Jan 1656 Edward Heyward of Kerdiston in the County of Suffok (should be Norfolk).
To Daniell Heyward the third son of my kinsman William Heyward of St Lawrence Parish Norwich to the heirs male of his body lawfully begotten my Manor Lands free or copyhold or otherwise within the hundred of Blofield and Walsham co Norfolk aforementioned..
To Francis Heyward the second son now living of my kinsman William Heyward aforesaid and to his heirs male lawfully etc All my Manors lands free and copyhold within the hundred of Eynsford in co of Norfolk
More about land to various Heyward relatives
Also I will and bequeath to such kindred lineally descended from my grandfather Richard Heyward deceased small sums totalling £1530
Money for the poor
Appoint William Heyward sole executor
Codicil – nothing significant
Edward Heyward died 25th September 1658
Will & Codicil proved Oct 1658

( note: All the sons of William Heyward died by 1666. With Daniel Westall dying in 1669, his widow had to establish her four sons on the basis of these wills. Francis Annyson and Rebbeca his wife also benefited from these wills. Cheadle Grange was sold by Samuel Westall in 1688 for £1050).

No comments:

Post a Comment